« Cleverchimp Rickshaw | Main | Jeff Alt's "Hike for Mike" »

February 11, 2007


Scott B.


My Google searches keep turning up this blog, and I get a lot out of the info here, so I thought I'd say hello. By the way, knife guys call the mechanism shown here a "slip joint," and knives with this kind of backspring and no locking mechanism are referred to as slip joint knives. And even though all kinds of folding knives go in the pocket, it is the slip joint knife that most people mean when they say "pocket knife."

With all the high-tech folders around these days, it's nice to look at this diagram of the old slipjoint and think what a high-tech improvement it was over the old friction folder. Thanks!

The comments to this entry are closed.

My Photo

Ancient Inventions

Blog powered by Typepad

Free Email Notification of New Posts

  • Enter your Email

    Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Rojo Add 'Patent Pending - Inventions and Technology Updates' to Newsburst from CNET News.com Subscribe in Bloglines


Bicycle Technology

February 2016

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29